Upcoming Seminars, Events, & PowerPoint Presentations
- Monday, November 19/11:00 AM – Attorney Emily A. Martin will be giving a VA Aid & Attendance seminar at the Portsmouth YMCA. On September 18, 2018 the Department of Veterans Affairs published its final rule for needs-based benefits. The new rules, which became effective on October 18, 2018, establish net worth, asset transfer, and medical expense deduction requirements. These changes will be discussed. To RSVP please call 757-298-6550.
- Nov. 14/Virginia Beach Convention Center – Hook Law Center is sponsoring the 2018 Art of Healthy Aging Expo taking place from 9:00 AM-2:30 PM. HLC staff will be hosting an expo table and attorney Andrew Hook will be giving an Estate & Long-Term Care presentation.
- Nov. 15-17/Chicago, IL – Attorney Letha S. McDowell will be attending the 2018 NAELA Summit to learn more about Guardianship, Practice Management, and Special Needs Planning.
- Nov. 17/Mt. Sinai Baptist Church/Suffolk – Attorney Emily Martin will be hosting an expo table at the Mount Sinai Baptist Church 150th Anniversary Conference & Luncheon from 10 AM-3 PM.
- Click on the link below to view the presentation:
- Dangers of Doing Nothing – Plus Tax Planning
- Keeping Mom (or Dad) at Home
- My Loved One Failed to Plan, Now What
- My Father Has Been Diagnosed With Alzheimer’s,Now What
- Avoiding Elder Abuse By Agents Trustees and Conservators
- Securing Your Retirement_Transforming Social Security Into a Winning Retirement Strategy
- My Mother Needs Long-Term Care Right Now…What Can I Do?
- Veterans Benefits How Proposed Changes Will Affect You
- Protecting the Client’s Most Precious Asset – The Home – Considerations Regarding Home Transfers
- How to Protect Your Home, Your Assets & Your Family
- Tax Tips For Seniors And Their Family
- Protecting Your Client’s Settlement Using Trusts
- How The ABLE Act Can Help Virginia Families
- First Steps in Future Planning Expressing Future Wishes and Financial Planning
- Elder Health Care: What Will It Look Like Tomorrow? and How Much Will It Cost ?
- Top Issues for Every Practitioner – How To Spot Pitfalls and Create Elder Law Solutions
- 2015 NAELA Summit Webinar Series: Beyond the Form: Financial Powers of Attorney Drafting Provisions and Maximizing Acceptance Presented by: Andy Hook and Stu Zimring
- Protecting the Client’s Home
- Avoiding Elder Law_Elder Care Pitfalls
- Impact of the ACA
- Affordable Care Act
- Affordable Care Act Outline – Updated 9/2013
- Recent Developments 2013, a Year of Change
- Is Your Estate and Financial Plan in Order