Upcoming Seminars, Events, & PowerPoint Presentations
- Thursday, April 11/10:00 AM – Join attorney Emily Martin as she discusses Estate and Long-Term Care Planning at The Hilton Garden Inn in Harbour View/Suffolk. Click here to RSVP.
Edith & Eddie Screenings
Please join Hook Law Center and Commonwealth Senior Living for a complimentary screening of Edith+Eddie, the Academy Award-nominated film which tells the story of Edith Hill and Eddie Harrison, ages 95 and 96. Their love story is disrupted by a family feud that threatens to tear the couple apart. This film shines a light on issues of seniors’ rights and guardianship.
This screening will be followed by a discussion led by elder law attorneys, Shannon Laymon-Pecoraro and Emily Martin. Please see below for dates and locations.
- Friday, March 22/Hub 757/Suffolk/6 PM – Hosted by Churhland House. RSVP to 757-483-1780.
- Saturday, March 23/Bayside Library/Virginia Beach/1 PM – Hosted by Kings Grant House. RSVP to 757-431-8825.
- Tuesday, March 26/New Life Ministry Center/Hayes/6 PM – Hosted by Gloucester House. RSVP to 804-693-3116.
- Wednesday, March 27/Southside Senior Center/Norfolk/11 AM – Hosted by Leigh Hall. RSVP to 757-461-5956.
- Saturday, March 30/The Mount/Chesapeake/1 PM – Hosted by Georgian Manor. RSVP to 757-436-9618.
- Mar. 21/Norfolk – Attorney and Certified Financial Planner, Jennifer Rossettini, will be giving and Estate and Long-Term Care Planning seminar at First Baptist.
- Mar. 28-30/Hot Springs, VA – Attorney Shannon Laymon-Pecoraro will be hosting an expo table at the 2019 Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Annual Convention.
- April 1/Norfolk – Attorneys Shannon Laymon-Pecoraro and Emily Martin will be attending the Norfolk/Portsmouth Bar Conference.
- Click on the link below to view the presentation:
- Virginia Medicaid Expansion A New Health Care Option For Lower-Income Families
- Dangers of Doing Nothing – Plus Tax Planning
- Keeping Mom (or Dad) at Home
- My Loved One Failed to Plan, Now What
- My Father Has Been Diagnosed With Alzheimer’s,Now What
- Avoiding Elder Abuse By Agents Trustees and Conservators
- Securing Your Retirement_Transforming Social Security Into a Winning Retirement Strategy
- My Mother Needs Long-Term Care Right Now…What Can I Do?
- Veterans Benefits How Proposed Changes Will Affect You
- Protecting the Client’s Most Precious Asset – The Home – Considerations Regarding Home Transfers
- How to Protect Your Home, Your Assets & Your Family
- Tax Tips For Seniors And Their Family
- Protecting Your Client’s Settlement Using Trusts
- How The ABLE Act Can Help Virginia Families
- First Steps in Future Planning Expressing Future Wishes and Financial Planning
- Elder Health Care: What Will It Look Like Tomorrow? and How Much Will It Cost ?
- Top Issues for Every Practitioner – How To Spot Pitfalls and Create Elder Law Solutions
- 2015 NAELA Summit Webinar Series: Beyond the Form: Financial Powers of Attorney Drafting Provisions and Maximizing Acceptance Presented by: Andy Hook and Stu Zimring
- Protecting the Client’s Home
- Avoiding Elder Law_Elder Care Pitfalls
- Impact of the ACA
- Affordable Care Act
- Affordable Care Act Outline – Updated 9/2013
- Recent Developments 2013, a Year of Change
- Is Your Estate and Financial Plan in Order