Upcoming Seminars, Events, & PowerPoint Presentations
- Wednesday, Feb. 19/10:00 AM – Join attorney Shannon Laymon-Pecoraro for an Estate Planning seminar at TowneBank at Oyster Point in Newport News to learn how the newly passed SECURE Act can affect your Estate Plan. Click here to register.
- Thursday, Mar. 12/9:30 AM – Join attorney Letha S. McDowell for a special needs planning presentation at the Special Needs Association of Parents, “SNAP”, meeting. The meeting will be held at Henry’s Restaurant – 3396 N. Croatan Hwy, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948. Please contact Dayna Chandler at email@example.com or 757-839-3320 to register.
- Feb. 22/Short Pump, VA – Attorneys and staff will be attending the 2020 VAELA UnProgram.
- Apr. 2-4/Scottsdale, AZ – Attorney Shannon Laymon-Pecoraro will be presenting on Special Needs Trusts with attorneys Amy O’Hara and Brad Frigon at the 2020 Special Needs Alliance Spring Meeting.
- May 1-3/Hot Springs, VA – Attorney Andrew Hook will be attending the 41st Annual Advanced Estate Planning and Administration Seminar.
- Click on the link below to view the presentation:
- Virginia Medicaid Expansion A New Health Care Option For Lower-Income Families
- Dangers of Doing Nothing – Plus Tax Planning
- Keeping Mom (or Dad) at Home
- My Loved One Failed to Plan, Now What
- My Father Has Been Diagnosed With Alzheimer’s,Now What
- Avoiding Elder Abuse By Agents Trustees and Conservators
- Securing Your Retirement_Transforming Social Security Into a Winning Retirement Strategy
- My Mother Needs Long-Term Care Right Now…What Can I Do?
- Veterans Benefits How Proposed Changes Will Affect You
- Protecting the Client’s Most Precious Asset – The Home – Considerations Regarding Home Transfers
- How to Protect Your Home, Your Assets & Your Family
- Tax Tips For Seniors And Their Family
- Protecting Your Client’s Settlement Using Trusts
- How The ABLE Act Can Help Virginia Families
- First Steps in Future Planning Expressing Future Wishes and Financial Planning
- Elder Health Care: What Will It Look Like Tomorrow? and How Much Will It Cost ?
- Top Issues for Every Practitioner – How To Spot Pitfalls and Create Elder Law Solutions
- 2015 NAELA Summit Webinar Series: Beyond the Form: Financial Powers of Attorney Drafting Provisions and Maximizing Acceptance Presented by: Andy Hook and Stu Zimring
- Protecting the Client’s Home
- Avoiding Elder Law_Elder Care Pitfalls
- Impact of the ACA
- Affordable Care Act
- Affordable Care Act Outline – Updated 9/2013
- Recent Developments 2013, a Year of Change
- Is Your Estate and Financial Plan in Order