Upcoming Seminars, Events, & PowerPoint Presentations
- Wednesday, Nov. 13/10:00 AM – Join attorney Emily Martin for an Estate and Long-Term Care Planning seminar at The Hilton Garden Inn in Harbour View/Suffolk. Click here to RSVP.
- Thursday, Nov. 14/9:00 AM – 2:30 PM – Hook Law Center will be hosting an expo table and attorney Emily Martin will be joining the panel for a brief presentation on Financing your Future at the 2019 Art of Healthy Aging Expo in the Virginia Beach Convention Center. Click here for more information and to register.
- Tuesday, Nov. 19/4:00 P.M. – Attorney Shannon Laymon-Pecoraro will be presenting an Aid & Attendance seminar at Commonwealth Senior Living at the Eastern Shore.
- Tuesday, Dec. 19/10:00 AM – Join attorney Shannon Laymon-Pecoraro for an Estate and Long-Term Care Planning seminar at TowneBank on First Colonial Rd. in Virginia Beach. Click here to RSVP.
- Nov. 14-16/Washington, DC – Attorney Andrew Hook will be presenting a joint presentation on Drafting Power of Attorneys and attorney Letha S. McDowell will be presenting a joint presentation on Tips to Running a Successful (Profitable) Practice at the 2019 NAELA Summit.
- Nov. 16/Portsmouth, VA – Attorney Shannon Laymon-Pecoraro will be hosting an Aid & Attendance table with Commonwealth Senior Living at a resource fair hosted by Grove Baptist Church from 12-2:30 P.M. This free event is for active duty military and veterans.
- Click on the link below to view the presentation:
- Virginia Medicaid Expansion A New Health Care Option For Lower-Income Families
- Dangers of Doing Nothing – Plus Tax Planning
- Keeping Mom (or Dad) at Home
- My Loved One Failed to Plan, Now What
- My Father Has Been Diagnosed With Alzheimer’s,Now What
- Avoiding Elder Abuse By Agents Trustees and Conservators
- Securing Your Retirement_Transforming Social Security Into a Winning Retirement Strategy
- My Mother Needs Long-Term Care Right Now…What Can I Do?
- Veterans Benefits How Proposed Changes Will Affect You
- Protecting the Client’s Most Precious Asset – The Home – Considerations Regarding Home Transfers
- How to Protect Your Home, Your Assets & Your Family
- Tax Tips For Seniors And Their Family
- Protecting Your Client’s Settlement Using Trusts
- How The ABLE Act Can Help Virginia Families
- First Steps in Future Planning Expressing Future Wishes and Financial Planning
- Elder Health Care: What Will It Look Like Tomorrow? and How Much Will It Cost ?
- Top Issues for Every Practitioner – How To Spot Pitfalls and Create Elder Law Solutions
- 2015 NAELA Summit Webinar Series: Beyond the Form: Financial Powers of Attorney Drafting Provisions and Maximizing Acceptance Presented by: Andy Hook and Stu Zimring
- Protecting the Client’s Home
- Avoiding Elder Law_Elder Care Pitfalls
- Impact of the ACA
- Affordable Care Act
- Affordable Care Act Outline – Updated 9/2013
- Recent Developments 2013, a Year of Change
- Is Your Estate and Financial Plan in Order