Upcoming Seminars, Events, & Presentations
Hook Law Center Seminars
Jennifer S. Rossettini, CFP® is presenting, “Protecting Vulnerable Adults From Financial Exploitation and Abuse” on August 14, 2020 at 12:30 P.M.
On February 22, 2018, the Department of Justice announced the “largest coordinated sweep of elder fraud cases in history.” While this was a step in the right direction, elder abuse has largely been underreported, misunderstood, and inconsistently addressed on the state and federal levels.With a dramatic increase in our aging population just over the horizon, it is important to recognize when elder abuse is occurring, what to do about it, and how to prevent it.
CFP CE Credits = 11.5 (including CFP Ethics)*
CPA CE Credits = 11.5 (including CFP Ethics)**
VA Insurance CE Credits = 3 (2 of which are CFP/VA Ins Ethics)*
*All sessions are being filed with the appropriate entities for CE credit. A listing of approved credits will be supplied to registered attendees prior to event.
**For other designations, including CPA, a CPE certificate will be provided for self-filing purposes or for attendees’ records.
- Five Things You Can Do During This Pandemic
- The Secure Act
- Virginia Medicaid Expansion A New Health Care Option For Lower-Income Families
- Dangers of Doing Nothing – Plus Tax Planning
- Keeping Mom (or Dad) at Home
- My Loved One Failed to Plan, Now What
- My Father Has Been Diagnosed With Alzheimer’s,Now What
- Avoiding Elder Abuse By Agents Trustees and Conservators
- Securing Your Retirement_Transforming Social Security Into a Winning Retirement Strategy
- My Mother Needs Long-Term Care Right Now…What Can I Do?
- Veterans Benefits How Proposed Changes Will Affect You
- Protecting the Client’s Most Precious Asset – The Home – Considerations Regarding Home Transfers
- How to Protect Your Home, Your Assets & Your Family
- Tax Tips For Seniors And Their Family
- Protecting Your Client’s Settlement Using Trusts
- How The ABLE Act Can Help Virginia Families
- First Steps in Future Planning Expressing Future Wishes and Financial Planning
- Elder Health Care: What Will It Look Like Tomorrow? and How Much Will It Cost ?
- Top Issues for Every Practitioner – How To Spot Pitfalls and Create Elder Law Solutions
- 2015 NAELA Summit Webinar Series: Beyond the Form: Financial Powers of Attorney Drafting Provisions and Maximizing Acceptance Presented by: Andy Hook and Stu Zimring
- Protecting the Client’s Home
- Avoiding Elder Law_Elder Care Pitfalls
- Impact of the ACA
- Affordable Care Act
- Affordable Care Act Outline – Updated 9/2013
- Recent Developments 2013, a Year of Change
- Is Your Estate and Financial Plan in Order