Upcoming Seminars, Events, & PowerPoint Presentations
- Thursday, January 24/2:00 PM – Attorney Emily Martin, will be giving a presentation on the numerous legal issues individuals face after a loved one has been diagnosed with memory loss as part of the Next Move Series at the Crossings at Oakbrooke in Chesapeake. Please call 757-315-6900 to RSVP.
- Friday, January 25/9 AM – 1 PM – Attorney Shannon Laymon-Pecoraro will be joining a group of speakers to give the presentation, “Transitioning from Adolescent to Adulthood”. Resources and options available to military families with special needs children will be discussed. The event is free, but a military ID is required to be admitted. Please call 757-322-9116 for more information and to RSVP.
- Friday, January 25/8:30 AM – 5 PM – Attorney Letha S. McDowell will be presenting at the 2019 ALS Caregiver Conference hosted by the ALS Association at Centura College in Virginia Beach. Please RSVP by January 23 at 240-650-8722.
- Thursday, February 14/10:00 AM – Join attorney Sarah Schmidt as she discusses Estate and Long-Term Care Planning at TowneBank on First Colonial in Virginia Beach. Click here to RSVP.
- Jan. 26/Williamsburg – Attorney Shannon Laymon-Pecoraro will be giving a presentation on Virginia Medicaid Expansion at the Virginia Bar Association’s Winter Meeting.
- Feb. 8/Kitty Hawk, NC – Hook Law Center is sponsoring Night to Shine. Attorney Letha S. McDowell will be volunteering at the event.
- Feb. 21-22/Pinehurst – Attorney Letha S. McDowell will be presenting on legislative updates and North Carolina and Federal Case Law at the North Carolina State Bar Elder Law Symposium.
- Feb. 23/Charlottesville – Attorneys Andrew Hook and Jennifer Rossettini will be discussing Drafting IRA Trusts and attorney Shannon Laymon-Pecoraro will be discussing Special Needs Planning at the VAELA conference.
- Mar. 7-9/Charleston, SC – Attorneys Andrew Hook and Shannon Laymon-Pecoraro will be attending the Special Needs Alliance Spring Meeting.
- Click on the link below to view the presentation:
- Dangers of Doing Nothing – Plus Tax Planning
- Keeping Mom (or Dad) at Home
- My Loved One Failed to Plan, Now What
- My Father Has Been Diagnosed With Alzheimer’s,Now What
- Avoiding Elder Abuse By Agents Trustees and Conservators
- Securing Your Retirement_Transforming Social Security Into a Winning Retirement Strategy
- My Mother Needs Long-Term Care Right Now…What Can I Do?
- Veterans Benefits How Proposed Changes Will Affect You
- Protecting the Client’s Most Precious Asset – The Home – Considerations Regarding Home Transfers
- How to Protect Your Home, Your Assets & Your Family
- Tax Tips For Seniors And Their Family
- Protecting Your Client’s Settlement Using Trusts
- How The ABLE Act Can Help Virginia Families
- First Steps in Future Planning Expressing Future Wishes and Financial Planning
- Elder Health Care: What Will It Look Like Tomorrow? and How Much Will It Cost ?
- Top Issues for Every Practitioner – How To Spot Pitfalls and Create Elder Law Solutions
- 2015 NAELA Summit Webinar Series: Beyond the Form: Financial Powers of Attorney Drafting Provisions and Maximizing Acceptance Presented by: Andy Hook and Stu Zimring
- Protecting the Client’s Home
- Avoiding Elder Law_Elder Care Pitfalls
- Impact of the ACA
- Affordable Care Act
- Affordable Care Act Outline – Updated 9/2013
- Recent Developments 2013, a Year of Change
- Is Your Estate and Financial Plan in Order