Upcoming Seminars, Events, & PowerPoint Presentations
- Tuesday, July 24/10:00 AM – Sarah J. Schmidt will be presenting an Estate and Long-Term Care Planning seminar focusing on Wills vs. Trusts at TowneBank on 137 Mt. Pleasant Rd. in Chesapeake.
- Tuesday, August 7/6-8 PM – Attorney Shannon Laymon-Pecoraro will be giving an Aid & Attendance presentation at Nansemond Commons’ Family Night in Suffolk. To RSVP please call 757-399-7506 and ask for Michaela.
- Saturday, August 25/9:00 AM – ANNUAL SHRED DAY! Bring your old documents to our Virginia Beach office from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM to be shredded onsite by Stealth Shredding. No quantity too large or too small. Donations will be accepted for the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Wednesday, September 12/9:00 AM – Join Hook Law Center for our Coffee with Colleagues event. Guest speaker, Katie McDonough, LCSW, Director of Programs & Public Policy with the Southeastern Virginia Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association will be presenting, “Understanding Alzheimer’s”. Hosted by Marian Manor in Virginia Beach.
- Forest Landowner Conference, Halifax Community College/Jennifer S. Rossettini will be participating in an Estate Planning session on July 20.
- Dimensional Fund Advisors Foundations Conference, Philadelphia, PA/Jennifer S. Rossettini will be attending an investment conference August 21-22.
- Senior Health Care Expo, River Crest Community Center Gym/Emily A. Martin will be hosting an exhibit table on August 23 from 10AM – 2 PM. The expo is free to attend and provides free lunch. Please contact Gerry Shier at Greenfield Senior Living in Chesapeake to RSVP 757-679-1328.
- Parkinson’s Support Group, Virginia Beach, VA/Jennifer S. Rossettini will be giving an Estate and Long-Term Care Planning seminar on September 5th.
- ACTEC Southeast Regional Conference, Asheville, NC/Andrew H. Hook will be participating in a panel discussion on the Uniform Durable Power of Attorney Act on September 7th.
- Advanced Elder Law Program, Charlottesville, VA/Andrew H. Hook and Jennifer S. Rossettini will be presenting, “Protecting Vulnerable Clients from Financial Exploitation and Abuse”, on September 13th.
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s, Virginia Beach, VA/Hook Law Center will be participating in the 2018 Walk to End Alzheimer’s’ at the Ocean Front. Please click here if you would like to join or donate to our walk team.
- Click on the link below to view the presentation:
- Dangers of Doing Nothing – Plus Tax Planning
- Keeping Mom (or Dad) at Home
- My Loved One Failed to Plan, Now What
- My Father Has Been Diagnosed With Alzheimer’s,Now What
- Avoiding Elder Abuse By Agents Trustees and Conservators
- Securing Your Retirement_Transforming Social Security Into a Winning Retirement Strategy
- My Mother Needs Long-Term Care Right Now…What Can I Do?
- Veterans Benefits How Proposed Changes Will Affect You
- Protecting the Client’s Most Precious Asset – The Home – Considerations Regarding Home Transfers
- How to Protect Your Home, Your Assets & Your Family
- Tax Tips For Seniors And Their Family
- Protecting Your Client’s Settlement Using Trusts
- How The ABLE Act Can Help Virginia Families
- First Steps in Future Planning Expressing Future Wishes and Financial Planning
- Elder Health Care: What Will It Look Like Tomorrow? and How Much Will It Cost ?
- Top Issues for Every Practitioner – How To Spot Pitfalls and Create Elder Law Solutions
- 2015 NAELA Summit Webinar Series: Beyond the Form: Financial Powers of Attorney Drafting Provisions and Maximizing Acceptance Presented by: Andy Hook and Stu Zimring
- Protecting the Client’s Home
- Avoiding Elder Law_Elder Care Pitfalls
- Impact of the ACA
- Affordable Care Act
- Affordable Care Act Outline – Updated 9/2013
- Recent Developments 2013, a Year of Change
- Is Your Estate and Financial Plan in Order