Who is eligible?
- You were discharged from service under conditions other than dishonorable, AND
- You served at least 90 days of active military service at least 1 day of which was during a wartime period.
- If you entered active duty after September 7, 1980, generally you must have served at least 24 months or the full period for which you were called or ordered to active duty (There are exceptions to this rule.), AND
- Your countable family income is below a yearly limit set by law (The yearly limit on income is set by Congress.), AND
- You are age 65 or older, OR, you are permanently and totally disabled, not due to your own willful misconduct.