Everyone tells me that I need revocable living trust. Should I have one?
Most middle class people do not need a revocable living trust. A properly funded revocable living trust may avoid the probate process in Virginia, but other more efficient means are available to avoid probate. Moreover, the probate process in Virginia is not terribly complicated.
More Estate Planning FAQs
- Am I required to leave assets to my children equally in my will?
- Can my family contest my will?
- Do I need to change my will if I wish to give certain items to specific friends or family members?
- Everyone tells me that I need revocable living trust. Should I have one?
- How can I avoid estate taxes?
- I had a will prepared in another state. Is it valid in Virginia?
- Should I have a power of attorney?
- Why should I have an attorney prepare my will?
- Will a revocable living trust protect my assets against the cost of nursing home care?