Can my family contest my will?
Yes, but the chances of a successful challenge are minimized if the drafting attorney properly prepared the will and documented his or her file.
More Estate Planning FAQs
- Am I required to leave assets to my children equally in my will?
- Can my family contest my will?
- Do I need to change my will if I wish to give certain items to specific friends or family members?
- Everyone tells me that I need revocable living trust. Should I have one?
- How can I avoid estate taxes?
- I had a will prepared in another state. Is it valid in Virginia?
- Should I have a power of attorney?
- Why should I have an attorney prepare my will?
- Will a revocable living trust protect my assets against the cost of nursing home care?