At Hook Law Center, we are building a team where every individual is exceptional, every act is meaningful, and every contribution counts. We are always looking for talented individuals with initiative and confidence to move us into the future.
A future at Hook Law Center
Hook Law Center concentrates its practice in the area of Elder Law. We represent older persons, disabled persons, their families, and their advocates. The practice of Elder Law includes estate planning, estate and trust administration, powers of attorney, advance medical directives, guardianships, conservatorships, public entitlements (Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, and SSI), disability planning, estate, gift and income tax matters, bill paying, care management, and fiduciary services. We also handle litigation involving these issues, such as will contests and estate administration disputes.
Hook Law Center is an expanding elder law firm with offices in Virginia Beach and Suffolk, Virginia.
Hook Law Center is always looking for outstanding candidates in the following areas:
* Paralegal - Hook Law Center is looking for a mature and experienced estate and trust planning paralegal. Candidate must have five or more years of professional legal experience in estate, trust and financial planning. Experience must include document preparation, analysis, and heavy client contact. Excellent proofreading and comprehension skills are required. This is a responsible position that requires a self-starter who can make things happen. Exceptional client service skills are a must along with above average computer skills. Only candidates with demonstrated legal experience and a stable work history need apply.
* Long-term Care Advocate - Hook Law Center is seeking a long-term care advocate to assist our clients with monitoring and maintaining life care plans. Prior experience working with elderly clients in one or more of the following areas is required: assisted living administrator, nursing home administrator, hospital discharge planner, social worker and/or a registered nurse.
Client care management: Assess the level and type of care needed by the client. Work with the family to develop an appropriate care plan for the client. Take steps to start the care plan, monitor the care plan to keep it effective. Make sure care is received in a safe and disability friendly environment. Assist the family by resolving family conflicts and other family issues relating to long-term care. Be an advocate for the care recipient and the family caregiver. Provide assistance with placement in assisted living facilities and nursing homes. Oversee care when the family is out of town. Conduct ongoing assessments to monitor and implement changes in care. Coordinate the efforts of key support systems. Help qualify for any public benefits available, like Medicaid, veterans benefits, waiver programs. Arrange for the services and find appropriate solutions to avoid a crisis.
Public Benefit Administration: Experience working with hospital discharge planners, the Department of Medical Assistance Services, the Department of Veteran’s Affairs, and insurance companies is a plus. Must have excellent relationships within the long-term care planning community and project a positive professional demeanor at all times. Must understand coverage and qualifying criteria for Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance plans.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work effectively with others. Must have strong social skills to assist in marketing and networking. Good organizational and time management skills.
We are looking for happy, mature, independent and efficient professionals with an excellent work ethic who excels at managing files and working with clients. Computer literacy is expected and excellent proof reading skills are required. A smile and a positive attitude is necessary.
If you or someone you know is exceptional, enjoys a career, and looking for a great place to work, please send your resume, salary history, and present salary requirements to our office manager, Sandy Buhr, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 757-397-1267.
Below is an employment application which will need to be completed prior to an interview.
Hook Law Center Employee Benefits:
- An Enjoyable Work Environment. No bad attitudes allowed.
- Health and Major Medical Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Professional Education Opportunities
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Performance-based Compensation and Bonus Systems